Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Photos from Australia, 2016, Part XVI: Return to Featherdale

In what's becoming a tradition, I returned to Featherdale Wildlife Park (my third visit in three trips to Australia).  And, like my 2014 Australia trip, it was last my hurrah in-country.

Of course I'll be back.

On the way to Featherdale.  I couldn't figure out if everything inside was 70% off, or the building was 70% off.

Sleeping wombat.  In case I haven't mentioned it before, their poo is square-shaped.

Alex had never seen a pademelon before.  Probably had never heard of one, either.  They're cute little guys.

Remember that cassowary I was looking for?  Found one.  But it doesn't count.

This dude is passed the fuck out.  Koalas might be my spirit animal.

Echidnas.  One of two mammals to lay eggs.

No one told her that her baby was folded in half.  And falling out of the pouch.  It's hard to tell, but the other roo has a joey, as well.

This photo doesn't do them justice, but quokkas are the cutest animals on the planet.  Google them.  I told you.

Salt water croc.  I'm pretty sure he's sleeping like that.

WHERE ARE THESE SWOOPING BIRDS???

Yep... definitely my spirit animal.

An assortment of the beers, ales, and ciders I tried this time around.  I couldn't find my bottle collection from 2014.

Farewell meal.  Spaghetti bolognese.  With minced kangaroo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Irreview, Book Review: The Nutshell Technique

I have, to date, read well over two dozen books on screenwriting and its related mediums (theatre, specifically).  While most - if not all -...