Sunday, January 8, 2017

Photos from Australia, 2016, Part XIV: Back to Sydney

After Mission Beach, it was back north to Cairns for an uneventful night (albeit with probably the best Thai food in Australia), then a flight south to Brisbane, an overnight with Helen's cousin, then a drive south to see Pat and Hannah (whom I met on my first trip to Oz in 2011), then back to Sydney.

Don't fret, though... this is not the last "Photos from Australia" post, as there was a surprise visitor in the Harbour City and a visit to my favorite zoo.

A double rainbow on the drive north.

Samgasat Thai in Cairns.  If you're ever there, go there.

I do this thing where I take a photo of all of my rental cars.  So there you go.

I swear Australian airport food just wants to make American airport food jealous.  Well, it's fucking working!

See that white streak just under the center of the cloud?  I'm fairly certain that's Michaelmas Cay, which is that sandbar island from the Great Barrier Reef trip with all the birds on it.

Remember the "Super Moon" from last November?  Well, that's supposedly it.  Caught it from the air.

Just a cool sunset over the ocean image... even though the Sun was setting on the other side of the plane.

Philippa's dog.  Can't remember her name, but she refused to let go of this stuffed animal.

People who know me will know why I took a photo of this.

Brisbane, in all of its glory.  Didn't get a chance to explore properly.  Will do so in the future.

If you don't think this is salaciously funny, then you're just stupid.

Don't mind what you've heard about Australia and guns.  There are plenty of gun stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment