Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Photos from Australia, 2016, Part IV: On the Road to Bellingen

After Port Macquarie, the road led to Bellingen, a small, boheme mountain town (think Asheville, North Carolina, but smaller).  I'll show off bits of Bellingen in the next post... since, you know, this post is "On the Road TO Bellingen."

Anyway...

At some historical jail (spelled "gaol" in Australia... for reasons I've since-learned involved the English rape of the French language).  Kangaroos everywhere.  Look closely, and you'll see the joey's tail falling from this lady's pouch.

Like I said... kangaroos everywhere.  Just, you know... chilling.

Panorama from one of the jail's guard towers.  I really can't remember the name of the place.

Look at these trees!  I thought they were disguised cell phone towers, but, nope... they're real.

This is Frederick.  He doesn't care for people.  Loves being photographed, however.

Yet another gorgeous beach with no-fucking-body on it.

You're going to get sick of these types of pictures, I promise you.

Panorama from the Smoky Cape Lighthouse.  I took awesome video of two birds in flight... might post that later.

The hike down from the Smoky Cape Lighthouse.  This picture doesn't show it, but that's a steep-fucking hill.

Finally in Bellingen.  Trying my first-ever water buffalo burger.  Soooooooo good.

Did I mention one of the reasons I went to Australia this go-around was because FIVE OF MY FILMS GOT INTO A SINGLE FILM FESTIVAL???  Well, one of the reasons I went to Australia this go-around was because FIVE OF MY FILMS GOT INTO A SINGLE FILM FESTIVAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Irreview, Book Review: The Story of Earth

I've been a science nerd for a long, long time.  Physics was probably my favorite science subject in high school (perhaps other than oce...