Monday, April 20, 2015

Alien: Isolation

So, over the course of a few days, I played a video game called Alien: Isolation.  Mostly because I love the first two Alien movies and partly because it's been about ten years since I've bought a video game.

Long-story short, I was talking to one of my film editors about video games, this one came up in conversation, and I decided to see what it costs.  By sheer coincidence, it was on sale at Steam for $12.99, and I couldn't pass that up.

Basically, I spent the next few days screaming at my computer, scaring the shit out of my dog and two cats, and changing my underwear a few times.  Which is basically what happened the last time I played a survival horror game (Silent Hill 4: The Room).  At that time, though, I had a girlfriend that I also got to annoy with my screaming.  This time, it was just me and the dark.

Seriously, this game is pretty fucking stressful to play.  And I loved every second of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Irreview, Book Review: The Nutshell Technique

I have, to date, read well over two dozen books on screenwriting and its related mediums (theatre, specifically).  While most - if not all -...