RIVER OF MNEMOSYNE, 2015
Welcome to the SIXTH ANNUAL "RIVER OF MNEMOSYNE" Challenge. Please read these rules carefully.
1. For the challenge, you are creating a single overall work (in any format) that will encompass all of the posted Muses this month. Each participant may only submit one (1) entry for the challenge. Basically, your first post is "Muse 1," your second post is "Muse 2," etc. There will be nine (9) designated Muses for a total of nine (9) chapters. You have until February 15th to finish your entry.
2. The goal is to tell a complete story (be it visual or written) through all nine Muses, but you can end your story at any time; after any Muse. To designate your ending, just write a big "The End" at the end of your final entry.
3. The first Muse has been selected at random and your first entry will be based on that. The subsequent Muses will be chosen based on the fastest submissions. The first person to link an entry picks the first Muse. The second person to link an entry (any entry) picks the second Muse, and so on. In all likelihood, this means that the people who link in positions 1 through 9 on the link widget will pick the nine (9) Muses.
- To submit a Muse, simply email the admin at IrreX2@aol.com with the Muse.
- New Muses will post at 12:00 AM, EST, the day after the admin receives the submitted Muse (no more than one Muse will post in a day).
- Aaron Adams (Muse 1)
- Brenda Billings (Muse 1)
- Aaron Adams (Muse 2)
- Aaron Adams (Muse 3)
- Brenda Billings (Muse 2)
- Charles Cox (Muse 1)
- and so on...
6. Other than that, do as much or as little as you'd like. You can dictate your own pace; approach this at warp speed or just mosey along. It doesn't matter how far along you are compared to how far along the other challengers are. Your entries for the first Muse can be linked starting February 2nd.
7. Voting begins on February 16th and ends on February 24th. You'll be voting for the participant's overall body of work. If you don't vote, you can't win. Anyone who posts a "Muse 1" AND a "Muse 2" is allowed to vote, regardless if they continue on in the challenge.
8. In addition to normal voting, completing Muses 1 through 9 will add bonus points to your final vote tally (the value of the bonus points is based on the number of participants).
9. The winner will be announced on February 26th.
Feel free to barrage me with questions and suggestions.