Monday, December 22, 2014

Angels to Churches

Leaving Los Angeles would be harder were she not already taken.  It's been a ride, but I know where I want to be.  And it's not here.  It never was, despite the protestations of some who claimed to know me well.  A pit stop, this City of the Angels.  Nothing more.  An establishment of a face, of a talent, and - according to a publicist - of the hair.  Now that they're calling me, I no longer need to be here.

That's not to say I won't miss it.  And, quite frankly, we're not done yet.

Adelaide is on the horizon.  Never have I been to a city that screamed to me as it caressed me.  Never have I been to a city that wanted me to stay... that asked me to stay.  Until that South Australian adventure.

Still, and perhaps sadly, moving to Adelaide is a long way off.  Immigration restrictions aside, I owe a great deal many people a great deal many things, and I have to repay that trust before I set off on my own selfish journey.

But I know what I want to do.  And I know where I want to be.

One day... I'll know who I want to do it with.

Until then, c'est la vie.


5 comments:

  1. Good luck settling things there and wherever you land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good writing. As for that last bit, perhaps you already know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leaving your heart and following you heart can be the same thing. The world is a small place, yes?

    ReplyDelete

Irreview, Book Review: The Nutshell Technique

I have, to date, read well over two dozen books on screenwriting and its related mediums (theatre, specifically).  While most - if not all -...