Friday, July 19, 2013

My Dog, Jax

I started writing this post back when I was an avid blogger.  Or, at least, a more frequent one.  I don't know why I wanted to write it other than I missed my dog.  Jax.  The guy I found trying to have sex with another stray dog whose chain leash was stuck to my truck tire.

Jax.


A dog who would run away often, frustrating me to no end... but one who would always come home.

A dog who would babysit my friend's infant daughter, because he had a strange sense of responsibility when it came to toddlers.

A dog who would - when she and I fought - invariably take my ex-girlfriend's side in all things, right or wrong.

A dog whose loyalty and patriarchy of my menagerie led to a happy family of up to three dogs and up to seven cats.


A dog I'd only seen once since I moved back to California.

A dog who didn't forget who I was.

A dog I'll never forget.

I wish I could write more. I think I better go take a nap.

Goodbye, Jax. Love you forever.

:*



3 comments:

  1. I knew you'd post. Sorry to hear of poor Jax' demise. A courageous way to go in the end. Love you much. Sounds like his sense of 'adventure' finally got him into real trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartbreaking news. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Irreview, Book Review: The Story of Earth

I've been a science nerd for a long, long time.  Physics was probably my favorite science subject in high school (perhaps other than oce...