Sunday, October 14, 2012

Rubbing It In: Edition... Argo

So, I saw Argo last night.

Fucking brilliant.  I cried.  Several times.  No one in the theater saw me, but anyone who really knows me will know why I cried.  Several times.  My closest friends can probably tell you when I cried.

It was that fucking good.

RUB-IN #1

After I saw The Town, I wrote a little blog piece called Affleck: The New Eastwood.  I'd been saying Affleck would be a good director for a while, even before I saw his Freshman masterpiece, Gone Baby Gone.  Few believed me.  Then again, no one ever believes me... not even after I'm proven right.

Go on... read my Affleck piece.

And if you one of those who doubted... suck it.

RUB-IN #2

This one isn't really a rub-in, but I made the mistake (?) of seeing Argo with someone who was involved with the film.  I love the guy to death, but I didn't care for his "DVD commentary."  I'm there to watch the fucking movie, after all...

But... it was kinda cool at the same time.  On top of that, two other friends of mine had not-insignificant roles in the film... one even being one of the film's plot-points.  Her performance was solid... and it was cool that I got to text her how good I thought she was as I left the movie.

I know I'm being an arrogant prick right now, but a lot of people have been against me since I set off on my new career... and I can't help the pride.

RUB-IN #3

Actually... I'm going to save this one for later.

5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes...do post rub in 3....defo going to watch it and I know you hate people talking when you're watching movies but hey...how often do you get to sit next to someone who's actually 'in' one of such high repute. Hopefully I'll catch it soon. I actually want to see at what point you cried and why...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I see you remain as humble as ever.

    ReplyDelete