Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cinema Insomnia, Part 2

So... I was at a red carpet event... said event had a complimentary wine bar... which, well, yeah...

And at this said event, my producing partner won an award for "Best Feature Film." Which is awesome...

And, while drunk (or tipsy... or whatever...), I was hijacked by a tall Persian woman and pulled onto the red carpet...

I was kind of embarrassed, since I wasn't supposed to be there.

Ah, well...  Neither was she.

L-R: Tall Persian Woman, Me, Producing Partner, Other Guy

Goodbye, Dr. House...

This happened a while ago, but I feel the need to talk about it... it was very difficult for me, this thing... I even put it off for a week in some lame attempt at delaying the inevitable, but I finally did it. I sat down, dinner cooked and sitting on my desk, and watched the series finale of one of the few shows I watch(ed)...

House.

A good ending. Fitting, at least. Although the second-to-last episode was the one that tugged at heartstrings. The very sight of Gregory House coming to tears was enough to... well... yeah...


In Other News...

I'm going back to Australia this Christmas.

From March 14th to June 13th, I managed to smoke only 3.5 cigarettes.  Granted, I supplanted a lot of my nicotine intake with snus.  That stated, I cut all nicotine ingestion on June 14th, and will hit 70 days nicotine free this Thursday.  This calls for a celebration dance!

Jesus, I'm fat.

3 comments:

  1. You're a funny guy. Used to be so camera shy and now you're smiling on the red carpet and DANCING (Oh my God) with someone else's hat and boxing gloves on! Don't worry about House, he's alive and well and advertising men's skin care for Loreal. Oh and back me on the Diabetes campaign...I've been 'Dared' to give up the fags for six weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo on quitting smoking and all other forms of ingestion of that poison. The additional years of life you've acquired become you. And the hat's a good touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha. lot of good news there. except the fat part.

    ReplyDelete

Irreview, Book Review: The Nutshell Technique

I have, to date, read well over two dozen books on screenwriting and its related mediums (theatre, specifically).  While most - if not all -...