Tuesday, January 10, 2012

De-resolutions


Just some random musings to kick off the 2012 blogging year...

I hope to be a bit more active here than I was last year. I admit, I got bored with blogging in general (as I'm sure most of you do), but I'll try to pick things up in 2012... although this year I'll have less time. C'est la vie.

Advice: before you promise your producers a new draft of one script, the fine people at the BBC a spec draft of a different script, and enter a writing competition... do make sure the deadlines aren't all the same day. Ugh.

Nice to know that the Christian God is spending Sundays making sure Tim Tebow wins football games. Really, people? C'mon! God's not that crazy... he pulls for the Saints. We all know that already.

I miss my dogs. Jasper, Jax, I will come visit as soon as I can!

Why, oh, why, can't I avoid North Carolina in my life? Just for a little while... please?

The third series of the British TV show, Misfits, started off a little shaky... but, damn. Way to finish!

On December 1st, 2010, I received a fortune from a cookie that read: "You or a close friend will be married within a year." It did not happen. Just sayin.'

For the second time in my life I've learned that the following phrase is always untrue: "I will always help you out, no matter what." Beware of anyone who says that... they have funny ways of justifying why they left you for the wolves. It's a good thing I like wolves, but still...

I don't want to quit smoking. Take that.

Yeah, the Aussie accent is still the best in the English-speaking world. Probably the entire world, but I'm not here to force my subjectivity onto you.

Thank you, 2011, for being the first year in a long time that I didn't get invited to any funerals. I'd prefer it if the next one I attend is my own.

Someone please inform my cat, Sagremor, that while he's outside, it's not polite to jump up and latch onto window screens in order to scare the shit out of me and my guests while we're inside having a conversation. To make matters worse, one guest had just watched the movie The Breed and refused to leave for an hour.

Someone also please inform Sagremor that cats meow... they don't chirp. He really needs to quit doing that.

Just in case this ever comes up again... when driving me to the hospital, don't talk to me. Just get me there.

Nice to know my old unit inactivated with my record-score for firing the M249 unbroken. Yes, a mark no one will ever recall, but I do... and that works for me.

I do believe the above sentence is comprised of horrifyingly bad grammar.

Sorry, but texting me "I think your cute" is a good way to lose my interest.

I have realized that the apostrophe is sexy. Not as sexy as the semicolon, but close.

Aight... enough of this... I'll be around. And hopefully more relevant.

6 comments:

  1. You crack me up. "I'd prefer the next funeral I attend be my own?" Hell, I gotta have that one on a t-shirt.

    And anything with "colon" in it...ain't nowhere near sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year. And I agree about Tim Tebow. Not sure about the saints though I know he's not pulling for the Eagles. Semicolons annoy me (although I like using them) apostrophes are sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post here to de-clutter your brain. Don't over think it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops. Sorry. Didn't mean to poke a wound.

    Perception is everything. We're each the center of our own universe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. G'day, g'day...So besides cold sores on 'the list' you're eliminating women with bad grammar too? I think you're cute moit! My resolution this year is better use of apostrophes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ;;;;;;;; well, yeh, I can see that.
    Hey, that's part of your smile thingy! ... ;X
    I sometimes think one big deadline, instead of many smaller along the way is easier to remember.

    I always beware of people that say BELIEVE ME, right before they dish something out ....
    But then again bewaring is part of the living.
    OK enough with thinking - need to get back on auto-pilot. -J


    Been thinking much, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Irreview, Book Review: The Story of Earth

I've been a science nerd for a long, long time.  Physics was probably my favorite science subject in high school (perhaps other than oce...