Thursday, June 2, 2011

Soundtracks After the Fact I: Intensity

It's no secret that I often write to music. It's no secret that many often write to music. And since neither of those are secrets, I won't state anything more about them.

Something cool happened the other day as I was piddling about doing nothing in particular... I was listening to a mix of the various versions of Eminem's/Rihanna's/Skylar Grey's "Love the Way You Lie" and wound up perusing some old stories I crapped out at one time or another. Anyway, long-story-short, I came across my "Intensity." It was... well... pretty cool. Added some relevance to an otherwise irrelevant story.

As you can tell, I've got nothing important to say (I rarely do), but I invite you to listen to Rihanna's "Love the Way You Lie, Part 2" while reading "Intensity." Let me know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. Yeh well it made me sad. Works tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't read the story last summer. Don't know why. But I don't like it, and the music didn't help. There is a sickness behind reaching out for the things that scare you, racing to the edge and jumping off it, just to prove to yourself that you're alive. What's next? Cutting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't do it. I cannot divide my attentions, so peculiarly drawn by two magnets, but I can see how the song lends itself to the intensity adn visa versa. I had to turn off the song (though I love it) to submerge in the text (which was great).

    I understand the eyes...being drawn to danger, cuffing ourself to it. I once had a man wrap his hands around my throat while we were intimate. He was careful about it. But it has a scent I remember. I sniff for it. Afterwards, I asked him if he was trying to scare me. He said he was. I said, "You didn't succeed" and walked out.

    ReplyDelete

Irreview, Book Review: The Nutshell Technique

I have, to date, read well over two dozen books on screenwriting and its related mediums (theatre, specifically).  While most - if not all -...