Thursday, June 16, 2011

Horse!

Last weekend a friend of mine asked if I'd help with an indie short he put together. He had no sound guy and, since I once dabbled in production sound (I suck at it... hence, "dabbled" and not "worked"), I was basically asked by default.

Of course, to make matters worse, the place they rented the sound equipment from forgot to include a set of headphones, which meant checking the levels while recording was impossible. I didn't rent the gear, so I didn't inspect the gear. Yes, that was me passing the buck.

Anyway, it was a good time. Figured I'd share some photos and a video or two. I'll post a third video at some point, but since my dumbass held the camera sideways, I'm going to have to rotate the image first (read: I'll have to ask someone with the equipment and the know-how to rotate the image first).

Our super-professional and high-tech vehicles and gear... plus the "deputy" looking a bit lost.


The director's back. Trust me, you don't wanna see his front.


Three horses and two outlaw Indians. Why are Indians always outlaws?


Oh, wait... because Cody and Rod ARE outlaws.


Prop horse. Okay, not really... I've just always wanted to type the phrase, "prop horse." Okay, not really...


Cody's ride-by.


And last, but not least... a douche on a horse.
Look at my horse, my horse is amazing...


7 comments:

  1. Too late to watch videos, but I'll be back tomorrow. Just wanted to say that those horses don't look at all happy to be there. In fact, they look depressed as hell. Just an observation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. Except teh last one! So last month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I did not expect you to be an Amazing Horse kinda guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'K, ceptin' that last one. Never mind "last month." So 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay...so which one are you....the "douche" with the rifle? And, how do you know when a horse is depressed? And, out of professional curiosity...how much does it cost to rent sound equipment for a day (with or without headphones)?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was totally focused on the sound equipment without headphones rather than the horses. Our sound guy this last weekend had all his equipment, well except for his brain. Hope you had your brain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so darn cute harnessed up like that.
    But who is that guy riding you flipping the bird?
    Someone we know? -J

    ReplyDelete