Saturday, April 16, 2011

Table of Contents: One Last Thing

I can't remember why I decided to write this story. Perhaps I wanted to "borrow" two of my favorite characters and insert them into a story of my own. I don't know. Regardless, the full version of this one has a massive plot hole, but I'm working on it.

In the meantime, enjoy...

"One Last Thing, Part I"
Cray stares at Drew, studying his partner's face. They've been together for years, not really out of any sort of friendship, merely the acknowledgment of the other's competence. Cray is slightly older, just on the other side of 60. Drew has a couple of years left before he enters that... Read More

"One Last Thing, Part II"
Seven Uzbek mobsters aim their handguns - a variety of weapons ranging from American M1911s to Czech CZ75s - at Cray and Drew. Cray's HK G36 and Drew's HK416 return the favor. The two Americans know that they might die here, in this dusty excuse for a warehouse... Read More

"One Last Thing, Part III"
The sounds fade as the lights dim. Cray knows he's missing something spectacular and it's his body's fault. Too old, too slow, it couldn't keep up. Or stay ahead, in this case. It's disheartening... not so much that he has to take it lying down... but that his mind is as young... Read More

1 comment: