- Adam - for the spur-of-the-moment inspiration to buy airfare to Australia (also need to thank American Express Travel for that one... wow, what an awesome service).
- Adam G. - for putting me on the lists to watch movies at the AMPAS theaters... even though I never show up.
- Andy and Nicole - for letting me crash in Dallas... and the copious rounds of ammunition.
- Carrie - for the So You Think You Can Dance gig.
- Dan and Kaity - for the furniture... even though I had to drive Laurel Canyon overloaded... twice.
- Dan and Zoe - for the extended-stay.
- Dasan - for the emergency assistance... even though it didn't work. Can we say Worst. Bank. Ever?
- Erik and Kurt - for letting me crash in Vegas... twice.
- Gerard - for reminding me to check the AAD on the parachute. That could've been an oopsie.
- Helen - for the cookbook, a gorgeous daughter, and just being awesome.
- Helen, Katelyn, Pete, Terry - for having patience.
- Ivan - for the HBO gig.
- J and Brea - for hanging on to my shit longer than you had to.
- Jessica - for the boxes of Goody's and BC's. I'm pretty sure you broke some laws shipping that much medication.
- Jonathan (among others) - for the Amazing Race gig... and the line on the guest house.
- Johnny O. - for introducing me to Hugo's Tacos.
- Jordan - for the emergency assistance... remind me not to pay bills from a mobile phone while on a bumpy road.
- Jose - for the Albuquerque offer.
- Kay and Sagremor - for clearing out the rats... but those fucking squirrels are getting out of hand.
- Krys - for agreeing to take 10thDoM off of my hands.
- The Parents
- Pete - for finally pulling your weight as a game designer.
- Sono - for the extended stay, even though I want to kill you for abandoning my dogs.
- Starbuck - for being disturbingly loyal. Who'd have known?
- Steve - for predicting, in 2004, exactly where I'd be living in 2010... right down to the intersection.
- Studio City - for putting an awesome park at the end of my street.
- Terry - for the best appliance I've ever owned: my coffee grinder. And the offer to take the dogs.
- Tom and Helen - for some kick-ass collaborations.
- Tori - for the Birmingham offer.
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Here's to You, 2010
Just rambling off some thanks and stuff.
* This is the first part of what will hopefully be a nine-part entry in the River of Mnemosyne challenge that's happening over at The ...
So, first off, for those who don't know, Road to Perdition is my favorite movie of all time. Near-perfect, in my opinion. Its flaws ar...
According to my post count, this is number 1000. Granted, there have been some posts I've taken down (at least one), and a couple that...