- Adam - for the spur-of-the-moment inspiration to buy airfare to Australia (also need to thank American Express Travel for that one... wow, what an awesome service).
- Adam G. - for putting me on the lists to watch movies at the AMPAS theaters... even though I never show up.
- Andy and Nicole - for letting me crash in Dallas... and the copious rounds of ammunition.
- Carrie - for the So You Think You Can Dance gig.
- Dan and Kaity - for the furniture... even though I had to drive Laurel Canyon overloaded... twice.
- Dan and Zoe - for the extended-stay.
- Dasan - for the emergency assistance... even though it didn't work. Can we say Worst. Bank. Ever?
- Erik and Kurt - for letting me crash in Vegas... twice.
- Gerard - for reminding me to check the AAD on the parachute. That could've been an oopsie.
- Helen - for the cookbook, a gorgeous daughter, and just being awesome.
- Helen, Katelyn, Pete, Terry - for having patience.
- Ivan - for the HBO gig.
- J and Brea - for hanging on to my shit longer than you had to.
- Jessica - for the boxes of Goody's and BC's. I'm pretty sure you broke some laws shipping that much medication.
- Jonathan (among others) - for the Amazing Race gig... and the line on the guest house.
- Johnny O. - for introducing me to Hugo's Tacos.
- Jordan - for the emergency assistance... remind me not to pay bills from a mobile phone while on a bumpy road.
- Jose - for the Albuquerque offer.
- Kay and Sagremor - for clearing out the rats... but those fucking squirrels are getting out of hand.
- Krys - for agreeing to take 10thDoM off of my hands.
- The Parents
- Pete - for finally pulling your weight as a game designer.
- Sono - for the extended stay, even though I want to kill you for abandoning my dogs.
- Starbuck - for being disturbingly loyal. Who'd have known?
- Steve - for predicting, in 2004, exactly where I'd be living in 2010... right down to the intersection.
- Studio City - for putting an awesome park at the end of my street.
- Terry - for the best appliance I've ever owned: my coffee grinder. And the offer to take the dogs.
- Tom and Helen - for some kick-ass collaborations.
- Tori - for the Birmingham offer.
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Here's to You, 2010
Just rambling off some thanks and stuff.
I have, to date, read well over two dozen books on screenwriting and its related mediums (theatre, specifically). While most - if not all -...
* This is the first part of what will hopefully be a nine-part entry in the River of Mnemosyne challenge that's happening over at The ...
When great minds gather, things change. Academic and intellectual rebellion is a given. The status quo starts to bend. The pen, they say, is...
There's the Army. There's the Marine Corps. On paper, almost 100% identical in tactics, strategy, logistics, and mission. Sure, t...