New Year's resolutions are bunk. We all know that. Hell, anyone checking at my resolutions for 2007 would know that I didn't keep any of them.
So, this year, I'm going to make some that I know I can keep.
1. I resolve to eat lots of food, ignoring any possible health risks caused by said food.
2. I resolve to pet my cats and dogs, even while neglecting their desire to go for long walks.
3. I resolve to imbibe in alcohol, smoke an occasional cigarette, and throw up once or twice.
4. I resolve to watch a lot of movies, keep up with certain television series, and play video games when I have the time.
5. I resolve to cuss out someone who insults me, making them feel really small and really stupid.
6. I resolve to waste a lot of time on the Internet, remaining oblivious to the fact that there are other, more productive, tasks that require my attention.
7. I resolve to drive on the highways like they are my highways, acting as though the rest of the drivers out there are merely borrowing my road space.
8. I resolve to forget birthdays, anniversaries, and other special occasions due to my own self-centered and narcissistic tendencies.
9. I resolve to spend more money than I should, buy more things than I need, and deplete my savings in the name of fun.
There... that's better.
* This is the first part of what will hopefully be a nine-part entry in the River of Mnemosyne challenge that's happening over at The ...
So, first off, for those who don't know, Road to Perdition is my favorite movie of all time. Near-perfect, in my opinion. Its flaws ar...
According to my post count, this is number 1000. Granted, there have been some posts I've taken down (at least one), and a couple that...