I admit it, this isn't really a true blog, but as I've entered a new phase in my military-based research, I've decided to link all of my military blogs in one blog for easy access (and for those of you who might still be interested).
There is, undoubtedly, more to follow, including the Department of Defense's ridiculous propensity to preserve General and Admiral slots while pretending to streamline the actual force structure.
Anyway, here they are:
The Army Corps of... Marines?
The Military Draft: No So Random Thoughts
United States Marine Corps, Department of the Army
The United States Air Force: a Parasite Organization
Marine Corps versus Army: the Rank Problem
For those of you who might prefer a summary, basically:
1) The US Air Force should be split among the Army and the Navy, with close air support, tactical bombing, airlift, and air superiority assets going to the Army, and strategic air going to the Navy.
2) The US Marine Corps should realign under the Army.
3) The military in general should eliminate at least three enlisted and three officer ranks, and should reevaluate the necessity of the warrant officer system.
4) The military in general should eliminate as many flag positions as possible, thereby truly streamlining the command structure and increasing the efficiency of its administration system.
And there you have it.
* This is the first part of what will hopefully be a nine-part entry in the River of Mnemosyne challenge that's happening over at The ...
So, first off, for those who don't know, Road to Perdition is my favorite movie of all time. Near-perfect, in my opinion. Its flaws ar...
According to my post count, this is number 1000. Granted, there have been some posts I've taken down (at least one), and a couple that...